Benchmark Assessment Agency launches new Invigilator Training Programme
- October 1, 2015
- Posted by: BenchmarkAdmin
- Category: Uncategorized
In line with national requirements at the General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) NQF1 level, Benchmark now offers an Invigilator Training programme through the iTut online campus. The programme is easily accessible on a computer, laptop or mobile device that has a secure internet connection. Invigilators are trained, assessed and certified instantly from the comfort of their workplace. A printable PDF version of the Exam Management File is also included for convenience and future reference.
This programme is as a result of a conscious decision made by Benchmark to improve the standard of summative exams across the AET spectrum which will ultimately add value to the much-needed credibility of adult assessments. Invigilator training is a requirement for all Chief Invigilators, Invigilators and Relief Invigilators who oversee AET Levels 1 to 4 examinations.
This well-structured Invigilator Training programme includes:
- Introduction to Invigilation
- What to do before the exams start
- What to do during the exams
- What to do after the exams
- Irregularities of exams
- A summative assessment that leads to certification
By completing the programme, the candidate will be able to:
- Explain the powers and duties of chief invigilators
- Explain the general duties of invigilators
- Describe how invigilators are appointed
- Describe the education and skills needed
- Describe the duties, before, during and after exams
- Describe the nature of irregularities
Certification is important for the appointment of invigilators. Registration is simple and provides instant access to the online course material. A minimal annual renewal fee will be charged in order to keep the certification current.